Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
VILLEFRANCHE DE ROUERGUE
|Surface||160 M2*||Plot Size||5000 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This property built in 1960, which is in need of certain amount of updating, is ready to inhabit immediately. The property is located on the outskirts of Villefranche de Rouergue within walking distance of the town center
The property offers five-bedroom accommodation. The house is well insulated and benefits from mains gas central heating. In addition, there are 2 fireplaces for additional ambience.
Situated opposite the main house is a large double garage and a Pigeonnier which is ideal, if desired, for development into accommodation (subject to the required planning consent) for guest/letting accommodation for extra income or for the larger or extended family.
The whole property sits in a fully enclosed garden. The garden is mainly laid to lawn with shrubs and trees. There is an adjoining piece of land of 3500m2 with a section of oak trees planted for truffles which is available by separate negotiation
This excellent property really needs to be seen in person to reveal its special character.
Read more ...
This attractive stone-built property, built in 1960, sits on its own private plot, has mains gas fired central heating throughout and electric shutters to all windows.
The Main House.
Entrance via main door into:
• Hallway (4m2)
• Lounge (18m2) - tiled floor, fireplace with chimney, radiator
• Utility Room (9m2) – concrete floor, sink, cupboards, gas boiler
• Store Room (40m2) – L-shaped room currently used for model railway
• Kitchen (13m2) - Range of floor and eye-level fitted units, electric hob and oven with canopy extractor over, double sink with
• Dining Room (30m2) – double doors to terrace, radiators, fireplace with chimney
• Shower room (3m2) – wash hand-basin, shower, shelving, radiator
• WC (1m2) – radiator
• Bedroom 1 (10m2) – Built-in hanging space, cupboards, radiator
• Bedroom 2 (14m2) – radiator
• Bedroom 3 (11m2) - radiator
Wooden Staircase to First Floor.
• Landing (16m2) – radiator, currently used as an office
• Bedroom 4 (18m2) – built-in wardrobe, door to bedroom 5, radiator
• Bedroom 5 (13m2) – built-in cupboard, door to bedroom 4, radiator
• Shower room (3m2) – wash hand basin, shower, bidet, radiator
• Attic Space – there are 2 additional attic rooms, currently used for storage but have the potential to be converted into further accommodation.
• Terraces to front and side of the property
• Double garage (81m2)
• Pigeonnier on 2 levels
N.B. Measurements are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.
The Aveyron is a delightful and un-spoilt department of France, the area is beautiful, with landscapes of forests, undulating hills, rivers and wild flowers. The Aveyron is also famed for its lovely towns and villages, with many villages boasting the accolade of being amongst the most beautiful in France.
Villefranche de Rouergue was founded in 1252 by Alphonse de Poitiers, Count of Toulouse and brother of king Saint Louis.The town presents, on a large scale, the characteristic layout of new towns of the period, a grid of streets with a square in the centre where religious and public life was carried out. From Villefranche you can discover the circuit of the Aveyron bastides. The old centre of the bastide lets you discover Place Notre Dame and its couverts (arcades), the collegiate church and its powerful porch-bell tower, the mediaeval streets as well as the rich merchants’ houses whose doors and towers symbolised the social position of its inhabitants in the 15th century. On the banks of the river Aveyron and situated at an altitude of 825 feet, Villefranche benefits from a particularly mild climate. This is where the south starts: the rooftops of the town proclaim it with their roman tiles. The Villefranche market, held every Thursday, is widely popular and is incredibly busy and vibrant. There are also an abundance of everyday shops, restaurants and bars as well as a hospital, schools and services.
The transport network is excellent, with easy access to motorways and rail travel. The area is also well located for the airports of Toulouse, Brive and Rodez; all within 1 to 2 hours’ drive.
Excellent shopping facilities are available in Rodez, Cahors and Toulouse.
The property is also within easy reach of the Lot Valley and the towns of Cajarc and Figeac.
At certain times of the year there are occasional evening ‘producteurs’ markets in Villefranche de Rouergue and the surrounding towns and villages where food and wine can be bought and eaten at large trestle tables, accompanied by music and dancing; creating a lovely, welcoming, party atmosphere.
Sightseeing in the area is extensive, with opportunities to explore the dramatic castles and old ‘bastide’ towns. There are also local water sports available, including canoeing down the Gorges of the Aveyron and Lot rivers.
An ideal location!
DPE test on going.