Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
Reduction from €162,000 to €141,700
VILLEFRANCHE DE ROUERGUE
|Surface||110 M2*||Plot Size||2857 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
** Under Offer ** A Great Opportunity! Fully habitable with development opportunity. Ideal property for someone looking for a home with the benefit of a renovation project. Business/gite potential.
Traditional stone farm house with 4 bedrooms and with several outbuildings, situated 3 km from the town of Villefranche de Rouergue. The main house (110m2), is ready to inhabit immediately and the 2nd house (60m2), which is directly connected to the first, is in need of some renovation. The whole property, which is over three floors, consists of:
• Entrance hall
• 2 Kitchen/Dining Room/Lounge
• 4 Bedrooms
• 2 Attics
• 1 Utility room
• 1 Storeroom
• 1 Shower room
• 1 WC
• 1 Garage
• 1 Boiler room
• Grounds extending to 2857m2, laid mainly to lawn
• 1 Large barn over 2 levels
• Small Stone building – previously a barn for pigs
• Old Bread Oven
• 1 Cellar
Read more ...
** Under Offer ** Huge potential for this stone-built farmhouse, in need of some renovation, with several outbuildings. The authentic features and different levels give the house a unique character.
Outside stairs lead up from the courtyard to the 2nd house which is need of renovation and consists of:
• Kitchen/Dining Room/Lounge (30m2) with window overlooking the courtyard.
• Bedroom 4 (16m2) – radiator
• Storeroom (8m2)
• Utility Room (11m2)
• Attic (56m2)
Hallway to 1st House which is habitable immediately and consists of:
• Garage (32m2)
• Boiler Room – housing boiler and oil tank for central heating and hot water
• Kitchen/Dining Room/Lounge (27 m2)
• Bedroom 1 (16m2).
• Bedroom 2 (13m2)
• Bedroom 3 (12m2)
• WC (1m2)
• Shower room (8m2).
• Attic (81m2)
• Garden (2857m2) – laid to lawn with some tree borders
• Barn 1 (230m2) over 2 floors (115m2 per floor). The first floor of the barn, entry from the terrace via large sliding door, has been renovated and parquet flooring has been laid over half of the floor. It had been used as a dancing venue for family and friends. The ground floor remains unrenovated and is used for storage.
• Barn 2 (44m2) – to be renovated
• Old Bread Oven (11m2) – together with Barn 2 there is the restoration potential to become something unique.
• 1 Cellar (53m2) underneath the house which has the potential to be renovated. In a previous time were used for storing wine, why not again!
• Additional adjoining piece of land (1131m2) is available to purchase separately.
N.B. Measurements are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.
The Aveyron is a delightful and un-spoilt department of France, the area is beautiful, with landscapes of forests, undulating hills, rivers and wild flowers. The Aveyron is also famed for its lovely towns and villages, with many villages boasting the accolade of being amongst the most beautiful in France.
Villefranche de Rouergue was founded in 1252 by Alphonse de Poitiers, Count of Toulouse and brother of king Saint Louis.The town presents, on a large scale, the characteristic layout of new towns of the period, a grid of streets with a square in the centre where religious and public life was carried out. From Villefranche you can discover the circuit of the Aveyron bastides. The old centre of the bastide lets you discover Place Notre Dame and its couverts (arcades), the collegiate church and its powerful porch-bell tower, the mediaeval streets as well as the rich merchants’ houses whose doors and towers symbolised the social position of its inhabitants in the 15th century. On the banks of the river Aveyron and situated at an altitude of 825 feet, Villefranche benefits from a particularly mild climate. This is where the south starts: the rooftops of the town proclaim it with their roman tiles. The Villefranche market, held every Thursday, is widely popular and is incredibly busy and vibrant. There are also an abundance of everyday shops, restaurants and bars as well as a hospital, schools and services.
The transport network is excellent, with easy access to motorways and rail travel. The area is also well located for the airports of Toulouse, Brive and Rodez; all within 1 to 2 hours’ drive.
Excellent shopping facilities are available in Rodez, Cahors and Toulouse.
The property is also within easy reach of the Lot Valley and the towns of Cajarc and Figeac.
At certain times of the year there are occasional evening ‘producteurs’ markets in Villefranche de Rouergue and the surrounding towns and villages where food and wine can be bought and eaten at large trestle tables, accompanied by music and dancing; creating a lovely, welcoming, party atmosphere.
Sightseeing in the area is extensive, with opportunities to explore the dramatic castles and old ‘bastide’ towns. There are also local water sports available, including canoeing down the Gorges of the Aveyron and Lot rivers.
An ideal location!
DPE test on going.