Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
Reduction from €162,000 to €143,000
|Surface||105 M2*||Plot Size||0 M2|
|Share this property||Print description|
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This beautiful, picturesque and architecturally interesting house, dating back to the late 1700s, used to be the village forge and is situated in the centre of the charming Aveyron village of Foissac, which is also home to the famous Grottes de Foissac, has a bakery, grocery shop and bar/restaurant.
The house, over 3 floors, has been tastefully and expertly renovated keeping its character and charm and is ready to inhabit immediately and consists of:
• Kitchen/Dining Room
• 4 Bedrooms
• Mezzanine - with a small lounge and double bedroom
• Attic&Pigeonnier – potential (subject to the necessary planning consent) to convert to additional accommodation
• Family bathroom
• Shower room
• Cellar - potential (subject to the necessary planning consent) to convert to additional accommodation or a garage
• Workshop – which used to be the old village forge
• Covered terrace
• Garden (rented)
Read more ...
Charming stone house, full of character and history, situated in one of the historic villages of France. A superb holiday rental, or equally a permanent home which is a little different from the norm!
The house, which is perfect to inhabit immediately, boasts –
• Spacious workshop (25m2) which was formerly the village forge and still contains remnants of that role.
• A cellar (25m2) which is used as a storage room but has the potential (subject to the necessary planning consents) to be converted into additional accommodation or a garage.
A large stone staircase leads up to the first floor and a covered terrace:
First Floor: Left from the covered terrace
• Lounge (24m2) – large open stone fireplace and double door storage cabinet.
First floor: Right from the covered terrace
• Kitchen/Dining Room (24m2) – with wood-burner, modern “coin cuisine”, pretty old blue enamelled stove, original stone sink and “cendrier” for storing the ash.
• Oak staircase up to 2nd floor:
• Landing/ lounge area (21m2)
• Staircase up to mezzanine double bedroom (13m2). Double door to Attic&Pigeonnier (59m2) which has the potential (subject to necessary planning consents) to be converted into additional accommodation.
• Family bathroom – with toilet, bath and hand basin
• Bedroom 1 (7m2) – with double wardrobes
• Bedroom 2 (13m2) – open stone fireplace
• Bedroom 3 (10m2) – corner vanity unit
• En-suite shower room (2m2) – with shower and toilet and shared with bedroom 4.
• Bedroom 4 (8m2) – open stone fireplace
• Covered terrace (5m2)
• Rented garden 200m from the house. Historically many houses had small garden plots not attached to the house which is the case in Fossiac. The Vendors currently rent one of these plots and use the garden frequently for a very small rental.
N.B. Measurements are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.
The Aveyron is a delightful and un-spoilt department of France, the area is beautiful, with landscapes of forests, undulating hills, rivers and wild flowers. The Aveyron is also famed for its lovely towns and villages, with many villages boasting the accolade of being amongst the most beautiful in France.
The village of Foissac dates to the 12th century and still retains several houses of the 17th century. Nearby are the famous prehistoric Grottes de Foissac containing the underground river La Jonquiere and which were declared a historical monument in 1978. Foissac also has a bakery, grocery shop and bar/restaurant.
The transport network is excellent, with easy access to motorways and rail travel. The area is also well located for the airports of Toulouse, Brive and Rodez; all within 1 to 2 hours’ drive.
Excellent shopping facilities are available in Rodez and Toulouse, with everyday shops, hospital, schools and services readily accessible in the nearby towns.
The property is also within easy reach of the Lot Valley and the towns of Cajarc and Figeac.
There are local markets in the nearby towns and villages, including, a large Thursday market in Villefranche de Rouergue. The Villefranche market is widely popular and is incredibly busy and vibrant.
At certain times of the year there are occasional evening ‘producteurs’ markets in Foissac the surrounding towns and villages where food and wine can be bought and eaten at large trestle tables, accompanied by music and dancing; creating a lovely, welcoming, party atmosphere.
Sightseeing in the area is extensive, with opportunities to explore the dramatic castles and old ‘bastide’ towns. There are also local water sports available, including canoeing down the Gorges of the Aveyron and Lot rivers.
An ideal location!
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
DPE : Energy test not required.