Ask anything ...
€322 500 (HAI)**
**agency fees included : 6 % TTC to be paid by the buyer
(€305 000 without fees)
Reduction from €400,000 to €322,500
|Surface||207 M2*||Plot Size||1529 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
Stunning old watermill with "pigeonnier." It has been uniquely restored and now offers beautiful reception areas, kitchen / breakfast room with four bedrooms and two bathrooms. It’s charming, quirky and overflowing with original features. The old stone mills are part of the kitchen, there are original beams throughout the house and some stunning fireplaces.
Set in a peaceful location in a quiet hamlet but only a 10 minute walk from local amenities and the main town of Souillac and close to the River Dordogne. It has a beautiful and tranquil garden with a river flowing by and under the house! Unlike most mills, it also has a sunny disposition. There isn’t a swimming pool but you can take a dip in the river instead!
Read more ...
This watermill dates back to the 14th century. It is bursting with character with the river running around the beuatiful garden and under the house. The original millstones are now part of the kitchen. There is a charm in every room from exposed beams, beautiful fireplaces and stone walls. The house is double glazed except for 1 bedroom and has central heating which can be run on oil or wood.
From the hamlet, you enter a small courtyard with parking for two cars. Front door to:
• Glazed entrance porch (3m2), door to:
• Kitchen breakfast room (45m2). Range of base and wall cupboards. Island with cupboards underneath. Wood burning stove for cooking plus a range cooker and separate electric hob. Door to balcony and windows to side. Pellet burner at the far end with an office area near the main entrance. Original exposed beamed ceiling, tiled floor, and original stone walls. Step up to an area for a breakfast table with original stone flooring. Doors to:
• Cloakroom (4.6m2) WC, bidet and sink and space for washing machine and tumble dryer.
• Boiler room (10m2) Two boilers giving the option of running central heating from wood or oil, separate electric hot water boiler
• Lounge/Dining area (54 m2) Dining area with wooden floor and sliding door to the entrance courtyard. Step up to the lounge area with a tiled floor. Large fireplace with pellet burner. Two windows overlooking the garden and the mill stream. Original exposed beam ceiling. Stairway from dining to upper floor:
• Hallway/landing (24m2) with fireplace and stone chimney breast. All doors off this to:
• Master bedroom (31.3m2) this measurement includes the en-suite. Bedroom with wooden flooring and exposed A-frame beams. Two roof windows.
• En-suite. Shower, sink, WC, and bidet. Roof window.
• Family bathroom (7.5 m2) Bath, separate shower, sink, WC and bidet.
• Bedroom 2 (12.5m2) Wooden floor, original stone wall, window overlooking the garden, mill stream and river. Exposed beamed ceiling.
• Bedroom 3 (13m2) Wooden floor, window overlooking the garden, mill stream and river.
• Bedroom 4 (12m2) Wooden floor, dual aspect, window overlooking the garden, mill stream and river and the other window with views up the valley. This bedroom is set on the first floor of the old pigeonnier and is single glazed.
Stairway to the top floor:
• Attic (59m2) Opening to the outside and to top of pigeonnier
1529 m2 of land. The garden is stunning with the river Borréze bordering the lawn area. The garden is mainly lawn with mature trees and shrubs with a terraced slope stepped with railway sleepers creating a dramatic rockery. The river Borréze, which flows into the Dordogne River further downstream, also branches off and still runs under the house. There is a small bridge from the entrance courtyard over this which leads you down to the garden. Unlike many mills, the garden gets the sun all day and all of the windows of the property get the sun and mainly have views into the garden, mill stream, and the river. Although there isn’t a pool you can walk from the garden into the river for a dip!
• Off-road parking for 2 cars
• Garden store
The property is 21 km from Brive/Dordogne airport and 139km from Limoges airport. The A20 autoroute is 3 km. Main shops and restaurants in Souillac which is within walking distance. 7km to the nearest Golf Club. 3 km nearest outdoor pool or the Dordogne River for swimming or for hiring a Canoe.
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES