Ask anything ...
€598 000 (HAI)**
**agency fees included : 6 % TTC to be paid by the buyer
(€565 000 without fees)
Reduction from €599,960 to €598,000
|Surface||305 M2*||Plot Size||89515 M2|
|Share this property||Print description|
|Voir l'annonce en français | More Leggett Exclusive Properties >>|
Stunning 5 bedroom Chateau with nearly 9 hectares of land, 6 hectares of which is forest sitting within a 300 hectare forest at the end of a 1km private drive. Perfect as a family home, country retreat or as a Chambre d'Hotes. Situated close to Chateaubriant and to the road networks linking Rennes, Angers and Nantes. Read more ...
This is stunning and magical in every way!
A chateau in the heart of a 300Ha forest with nothing but peace and quiet with a private lake lying in front of the Chateau. A really opportunity to get back to nature!
The property is approached via a 1km private drive from the local country road through the forest to a clearing at the end of the track in which sits the chateau overlooking it's own private 1500m² lake complete with small island!
The property is entered up a set of stairs to the sun terrace overlooking the forest and the lake in front of the chateau. From hear you can enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the house in the middle of the forest.
The large front door leads into the tiled hallway with the original oak stairs winding to the first floor and the doors to the remarkable Grand Salon straight ahead.
The ground floor accommodation is comprised of:
* Entrance Hallway
* Grand Salon with an impressive 50m² (approx) of space with full height double glazed windows, oak panels and the most impressive of original open stone fireplace. Whilst currently a decorative feature this could be converted into a functioning open fireplace. This is the perfect banquet hall with the original wall coverings, the fireplace and the furnishings providing for an amazing ambience.
* Lounge with its triple aspect windows providing a fantastic opportunity to enjoy the views of the lake and the forest. This again is a large living space of approx 40m² and is very much the Sun room since it is bathed with light all day long. The working fire place makes this a large but also intimate family living room.
* Fully fitted kitchen (approx 15m²) is accessed from both the lounge and Grand Salon.
* Lounge or office (approx 15m²) can be accessed through either the Grand Salon or from the hallway. Overlooking the lake to the front this is a great space for either relaxing or using as a home office.
* Bedroom 1 (approx 20m²) is located to the front of the property overlooking the lake and the forest beyond. A beautifully light bedroom with direct access to the sun terrace at the front of the building
* Adjacent bathroom and WC
* Bedroom 2 (approx 20m²) is located to the rear of the property overlooking the forest to the rear and again having an adjacent bathroom and WC.
And so the original oak stairs lead from the oak paneled entrance hall to the mezzanine area of the first floor from which you access three double bedrooms (all approx 15m²) with two of these having ensuite shower facilities and a utility room for washing machine and dryer and storage.
The main accommodation is supplemented on the ground floor with what used to be the servants quarters. Currently used for storage this area has its own private entrance to the rear of the building. With a fitted kitchen, lounge area, bedroom this would make an ideal area for either owners accommodation or as a separate gite.
Also on the ground floor is a double garage with electric doors, a wood store, boiler room and cave for additional storage or wine cellar.
All of this within nearly 9Ha of land, of which 6Ha is forest forming part of the much larger 300Ha privaltely owned. To the front of the building is a lawned are leading to the lake and to the side an area ideal as a paddock. Beyond that ... the forest!!
This provides for a very private location and yet it is only 12 minutes from the nearby town of Chateaubriant that has all the shops, commerce and amenities that anyone could wish for. With Rennes just 50km away and the recently constructed links to Nantes and Angers this is an ideally located property that allows you to enjoy the isolation of the forest and access to some of the great cities and amenities of the Northern Loire and Southern Brittany.
This private property is ideal as either an immensely private family residence or one that could incorporate a boutique chambres d'hotes business, private parties and weddings but above all this is a fantastic opportunity to get back to nature!
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
DPE : Energy test not required.