Ask anything ...
€256 800 (HAI)**
**agency fees included : 7 % TTC to be paid by the buyer
(€240 000 without fees)
Reduction from €267,500 to €256,800
LABASTIDE D ARMAGNAC
|Surface||200 M2*||Plot Size||407 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This lovely property, based on an ancient coach house (ca 1880) consisting of 200 sq metres of living space, is nestled in the centre of a well-known, classified 12th. century, medieval bastide village in the Bas Armagnac region (SW France). Read more ...
From the “Place Royale” we enter through the corner porticos via large green gates, passing the fresh water well. The front door opens into the L-shaped, tiled conservatory. A medium sized bedroom with shower and hand-basin occupies the niche of the “L”. To the right, a corridor leads to the side street entrance. Just inside the side door is a trap door leading down to a well maintained, custom built, wine cellar for approx. two hundred bottles. Welcome to France!
Back in the conservatory, iron stairs lead up to the master bedroom with bathroom suite. This bedroom looks out over the conservatory roof towards the “Place Royale”.
Returning down the stairs, of the right we enter the former coach house. Here we find the living area with an open-plan kitchen. A large picture window now occupies the former coach house doorway. A glassed door leads out into the white-goods corridor which also has WC with basin. To the left a door opens onto the covered part of the terrace and the rear garden and to the right, another door returns back into the conservatory.
From the coach house wooden stairs lead up to the loft-style library which could also be converted into guest bedroom or lounge. Here we also find the third bedroom with en-suite. Windows to the side and rear overlook the mature gardens.
The outside area is secluded and well protected by brick and stone walls and high fences and offers space for a medium size pool.
From the gates of the property to the central Place Royale is literally a dozen steps. It consists of a large beautiful arcaded square which was the prototype for the Place Des Vosges in Paris and is completely surrounded by buildings of architectural historical merit, including the church founded in 1297.
The village also contains its own boulangerie, epicerie, pharmacy, doctor's surgery, post office, and creperie cafe, with additional summer restaurants and bars. There is a local village primary school. The village is located about 1.5 hour's drive from the south west coast beaches of Hendaye and Biarritz and the Pyrenees, with Bordeaux about 1.5 hour's drive to the North, and Toulouse airport at about 2 hour's distance to the east. The nearest rail head to connect to TGV lines is about 30km away at Mont de Marsan the Departmental Capital. There are supermarkets in the neighbouring villages, the nearest being about 4km away.
DPE : The energy estimation cannot be produced owing to a lack of appropriate data that conforms to the "arrêté du 15 septembre 2006 relatif au DPE".