€191 160 (HAI)**
**agency fees included : 8 % TTC to be paid by the buyer
(€177 000 without fees)
Reduction from €194,400 to €191,160
||Dept||Loir et Cher|
|Surface||93 M2*||Plot Size||14290 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français | More Leggett Exclusive Properties >>|
Apartment in the Chateau d'Avaray which is surrounded by a moat, with three wings open to the south. It is one of the rare Louis XIII castles preserved in the Loire Valley. Private property near the town of Avaray small village very close to Beaugency and (45) and Town(41)
The commune of Avaray is located on the banks of the Loire. It counts 722 souls.
It has a castle - private property - that I was able to discover during the Heritage Days.
The origin of this castle dates back to 1150, and around 1473, Jehan de Mineray raised it from its ruins.
preserving the 4 corner towers of an old medieval building from the 13th century.
Later, the castle was owned by the Montgomery family of Scotland. Claude Théophile (1655-1745) had it rebuilt in 1737.
Between the 4 medieval towers, buildings of XVIIIth century style are built.
The history of Avaray castle is also that of the De Béziade family who lived there for 300 years.
At the end of the 1950s, the furniture, collections and souvenirs were sold and dispersed.
The buildings were affected by a subdivision into about thirty apartments.
Read more ...
Magnificent apartment of 93 m2 in a castle close to the town of Mer in the Loir et Cher département.
It consists of two entrances by a beautiful staircase on the first floor of this castle built in the XVIth century
A first large living room with a separate kitchenette, a second living room with a mezzanine converted into a bedroom with access by a spiral staircase. You can also access a second bedroom (currently used as a library) with a shower and a toilet.
You have access to all the park of the castle on a surface of 15 hectares and its orangery as an outbuilding.
Annual co-ownership tax approx. 4200 euros
To the 13th century castle have been added, on the original foundations, the west and north wings, keeping the towers. The moat was laid out around 1620, and in 1736 the preserved parts of the old castle were demolished and the east wing was built. As early as 1730, three dormant bridges across the moat and the original drawbridge were removed. Under the Restoration, the central forebody with its balustered balcony supported by four columns and the triangular pediment dominating it was added to the south façade.
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES