Find out more ...
€950 000 (HAI)**
**agency fees included : 4 % TTC to be paid by the buyer
(€910 000 without fees)
|Surface||400 M2*||Plot Size||27492 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This beautiful old farmhouse, 400m2, is an exceptional example of a wealthy cevenol home. It dates originally from the 15th century, and was added on to in the 18th century. Here you have large salons, 11 bedrooms (two of which could sleep several people/children), a private chapel, all built around a courtyard with marvellous views of the hills. There is no swimming pool, but just 100m down the slope and you have a private river three metres deep in parts, where you can swim and fish. The house has been furnished to reflect its history. There is also a 120m2 two level stone barn in the grounds, adjacent to the main house, which could be renovated for extra accommodation.
The nearest primary schools is in Malbosc, 5 miles away, and the secondary school is in Les Vans, 12 miles away. There are restaurants in Malbosc, and in Aujac, 3 miles away (both with a small shop). It is just over 50 miles to the main A7 motorway (north to Lyon, or south to the sea, Spain or Italy).
Key characteristics ;
• Beautiful old 400m2 farmhouse set in the middle of nature
• Roof redone (with the traditional “Lauze” tiles)
• 11 bedrooms
• Private chapel
• Charming interior courtyard with fantastic views
• Private river swimming/fishing
• Mains water, plus river and well water
• Shops and schools within 3 miles
• Internet access with dish
• 7.5 acres of land
You arrive at the farmhouse into a courtyard, with private parking. From here you go into the main part of the house:
• Drawing room with open fireplace (this was the old silk farm)
• Daily dining room
• Large living room, with very large dining table, wood burning stove and open fireplace (this is the oldest part of the house)
• Two bedrooms
• Store room
You go up a wooden staircase to:
• Attic (at the top of the stairs)
• Large TV room/library
• Bathroom and shower room
• “pigeonnier”…small studio
• Three bedrooms
Crossing back to the other side of the TV/library, in the corridor you have:
• Bedroom “dormitory” with mezzanine
Back on the ground floor, this is where the cellars are. Here you can see the ruins of an old stone house, which could easily be renovated. From here walk down to the river, where the water in summer is 22 or 23 degrees, and you can swim or fish. Here you can see badgers, beavers, stone martens and foxes!
Walking back up the old stone steps, you arrive at another wing of the house, by the terrace:
• Wood store
• Huge games room
• Bedroom “dormitory”
• Hamman (Turkish bath)
• Private chapel
• “Clède” (old part of the farm used for drying chestnuts originally) with sitting room, mezzanine, kitchen, bathroom
• Main bedroom with large bath and shower room, WC
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
DPE : We are in the process of updating all DPE test.