|Price||€2 625 000 (HAI)**||Ref||77605JCI69|
SAINT DIDIER AU MONT D OR
|Surface||406 M2*||Plot Size||1620 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
Exquisite property in beautiful Saint-Didier-au-Mont d'Or, only 15 minutes from Lyon, Ombrosa international school or Greenfields International School by car. Built at the beginning of the 20th Century, this secluded house, set in spacious gardens away from the road, has views over Lyon and beyond yet remains less than 10 minutes on foot from the town centre, its school and shops. There are 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms spread out over 2 floors; 2 lounges, a dining room, a breakfast room with outdoor terrace, a utility room, the entrance hall, a WC and the kitchen are situated on the ground floor. A games room and 2 other rooms are under the roof. There are 3 spacious cellars in the basement.
Here are the main features of this rare property:
• Built between 1894 and 1901.
• Secluded, surrounded by trees or tall hedges on all sides.
• Quiet, set back from the road and with spacious front and back gardens.
• Light, facing South, West and East, with large windows on all sides, and high ceilings (more than 3 metres).
• Professional inox Gaggenau kitchen with oven, stove, extractor fan, chip fryer, grill, fridge-freezer, sink, cupboards, drawers and a large work surface.
• Large room of about 68 m² on top floor with potential for various uses (games room, TV room, snooker room, bar etc).
• Marble fireplaces in lounges and bedrooms.
• Wooden floor in all rooms apart from the utility room which has white tiles.
• 2nd and 3rd floors are practically symmetrical, with 4 bedrooms/wet rooms and 2 bathrooms arranged around a landing.
• Two entrances: main entrance through porch and entrance hall and kitchen.
• All three bathrooms have baths and showers; two have 2 washbasins.
• Two bathrooms are en-suite, inside bedrooms (4 and 7), the other two have access from two bedrooms or from the landing.
• Electric heaters on top floor, otherwise gas central heating with thermostat on radiators.
• Double glazing.
• Security alarm to protect from intrusion.
• Oak shutters outside windows.
• Numerous fitted cupboards.
• Individual drainage.
• Intercom for opening gates of front garden.
• Garage with remote controlled door.
• Possibility of converting the house into a bed & breakfast business.
• Monthly rental potential: 4000 EUR.
• More photos available on request.
Once past the front gates, a driveway and path lead in front of the house to the main entrance, under a metal porch. The entrance hall has a small porch (3.78 m²) ideal for leaving hats and umbrellas, then leads straight ahead to the corridor (14.16 m²) and wooden staircase that goes upstairs.
Lounge 1 (26.50 m²), with built-in ceiling-high wooden bookcase, marble fireplace and large mirror is to the right and overlooks the front garden. Double glass panelled doors lead to the garden terrace. Double doors lead left to lounge 2 (16.96 m²) which has a view over the town.
The dining room (25.32 m²) is left of the entrance hall and has views of the front garden (double glass panelled doors lead out to the terrace.
A WC with small washbasin (3.22 m²) is situated to the right of the corridor, off lounge 2.
The modern kitchen (21.25 m²) is off the dining room and has a view of the back garden and terrace and has a separate entrance/exit to the house, leading to the side of the driveway. The breakfast room (14.69 m²) is next which has access to the terrace in the back garden, perfect for sunny summer mornings. There is a sink and numerous built-in cupboards.
A utility room (9.55 m²) is at the back of the house and has a sink.
The covered garage (26.21 m²) is next door and has space for a large vehicle as the entrance is 2 metres high and 3.86 metres wide.
A wooden staircase at the end of the entrance hall leads up to the second floor landing (10.65 m²). Immediately left is a separate WC with washbasin (2.94 m²). Then bedroom 1 (15.93 m²), complete with marble fireplace and built-in cupboards and a view of St Dider.
A cupboard for the centralised vacuum cleaner is next door.
Bedroom 2 (24.70 m²) is situated next to bedroom 1, at the front of the house, with views of the front garden and the surrounding countryside. The en-suite bathroom (10.72 m²) has a heated towel rail, bath, separate shower, 2 washbasins, large mirror and nice views outside.
Bedroom 3 (21.80 m²) is also off the bathroom and has views of the front garden and the surrounding area. Bedroom 4 (10.55 m²) is at the back of the house and has a dressing room, en-suite bathroom (4.59 m²) with wooden sink, heated towel rail and built-in cupboard.
The wooden stairs lead up to the 3rd floor landing (7.58 m²) where there is a separate WC with washbasin (2.82 m²) on the left.
Bedroom 5 (19.63 m²) is next on the left. This room has views of the town and the surrounding area. Bedroom 6 (24.64 m²) is next door, at the front of the house. Its en-suite bathroom (9.13 m²) has a beautiful white bath with metal feet, a WC, two marble washbasins, a heated towel rail, a panoramic mirror, a separate shower cabin and nice views. Bedroom 8 (24.65 m²) is next door and shares access to the bathroom (separate door). This room also has views over the front garden and the surrounding area. Bedroom 7 including en-suite, private wet room (16.60 m²) is next door, at the back of the house. A sliding wooden door to the wet room makes optimal use of the space in this room.
Up one more flight of stairs and under the roof is the spacious games or TV room (68 m²). There is a fantastic view over Lyon and the Alps from here through a small window in the middle of the room. Two smaller rooms (23 m² and 22.78 m²) are off this main room and would be perfect for storage. All three rooms have velux windows.
A door next to the staircase in the entrance hall descends to the spacious basement, made up of a shed or storage area (20.33 m²) for gardening material and the hot water tank, a temperature-controlled wine cellar (12.55 m²) and two storage rooms (67.04 m² in total).
The front garden consists of a large tree next to the front gates to the side of the house, rose bushes, a large lime tree in front of the house, a large lawn/grass area, the heated swimming pool with metal cover and wooden deck and a large back garden, which is wilder, and has numerous trees such as a cherry tree and an apple tree.
The house is a 10 minute walk or 2 bus stops from the centre of Saint-Didier-au-Mont-d’Or. The bus number 22 goes to Vaise in the 9th area of Lyon, where you can connect with metro line D to Vieux Lyon, Bellecour, Saxe Gambetta or Grange Blanche. There are schools, crèches, shops and restaurants in the town centre. A weekly food market takes place in front of the town hall. There are numerous hiking trails that leave from St Didier to discover the local area and its lovely views over Lyon.
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
DPE : We are in the process of updating all DPE test.