Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
|Surface||261 M2*||Plot Size||16177 M2|
|Share this property||Print description|
|Voir l'annonce en français|
Ever dreamt about making your own wine and creating a business out of it in the south-west of France? You have a great opportunity here with an already established winery producing great quality red wine from Syrah grapes. The vines are in a perfect environment, on the hills facing Pyrenees mountains.
Alongside the house, though incorporated as 2 companies (an EARL for the land and a SARL for the winemaking) and thus totally separated from it, is the opportunity to buy a very small but very exciting vineyard and winery operation. Read more ...
The land is located on a hillside located between the rivers of Oloron and Pau, near Navarrenx, and the well-known in the region hills of Jurançon. The land that faces south-west is at around 200 m altitude and is made of clay and galets on a flysch subsoil. This land had been planted to vines for many centuries but with the problems following phylloxera and the depopulation of the French countryside, the vineyards have all been abandoned. This land has great potential to grow grapes again, and since its first plantation in 2019, Syrah adapted very well. Each year you could make between 1000 and 2000 bottles of wine.
The winery is fully equipped for current and future production needs with a hydraulic press, 4,500 litres of stainless steel vats, numerous wooden barrels, a 1,100litre egg-shaped fermenter, cooling equipment, pumps, crusher destemmer, bottling and corking machine. It is currently located in an air-conditioned room in the dependance, but could be moved elsewhere with relative ease. The SARL company is fully licenced as a négociant and is registered with the Douanes, and both the EARL and SARL have full sets of accounts.
With beautifully renovated parts of the house, the owners managed to preserve the authenticity of the original property. Outside, in front of the house, you will be welcomed by the park with coniferous trees. Behind the house, a terrace area will lead you to the well-maintained vegetable garden, and to the swimming pool, with a pool house and a barbecue area.
On the ground floor one finds a large entrance hall with original Art Deco wooden flooring, a sunny double width sitting room with carved stone fireplace leading onto an attractive dining room connected to an east facing terrace. To the right of the hallway lies an open space kitchen with a cosy living room. On the first floor, three out of four bedrooms are south-west facing, filling them with lovely sunset luminosity. Bedroom one is a comfortable bedroom with an ensuite dressing room and a separate shower room. The second bedroom is a single bedroom ideal for a child or a workspace. Bedrooms 3 and 4 are good-sized double bedrooms, both with original fireplaces. Finally, a second bathroom and WC is located on the first floor.
This magnificent house offers 261 m2 living space in very good condition, set in wooded grounds of 5000m2 with a swimming pool.
Separate outbuildings include an old barn renovated into a two-bedroom house with its own terrace and a garden, atelier, and a garage currently used to store winery equipment. There is also an outside carport with spaces for two cars. The property is fully fenced and secured with electric gates.
MAISON DE MAÎTRE
- Living room with a fireplace
- Dining room
- Reception room
- Master bedroom with a walk-in closet and a bathroom
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Around 100m2 of additional space
- Living room
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Living room
- Terrace of 32 m2
- Swimming pool
- Pool house
- 1ha of land with woods and Syrah vines with planting rights
- Stainless steel large 3 phase hydraulic basket press with 2 stainless steel 500 Litre baskets
- 1 x 3 phase polsinelli rotary lobe professional pump
- 1 x 1 phase backup pump
- 2 x 2000 Litre stainless steel floating top tanks, one with sealed lid, one with holes for chilling plate
- 1 x 200 Litre stainless steel floating top tank
- 1 x 300 Litre stainless steel floating top tank
- 1 x 1,100 Litre Flexitank Ovoid fermentation and ageing tank with two lids
- Numerous wooden barrels of high quality
- Stainless steel barrel cleaner
- Stainless steel barrel filler
- 2 x Chilling plate
- 1 x single phase Kreyer Glycol Chiller with glycol lines and thermostatic control valve system
- 1 x manual crusher-destemmer
- 1 x Enolmaster professional 4 line vacuum bottling machine including 3 cartridge 1 micron filter
- All the pipes (40mm macon), and other small equipment needed to make wine
- All the equipment needed to bottle, cork, label and wax capsule wine
- Basic lab equipment including pH meter, titration equipment etc
Information about risks to which this property is exposed is available on the Géorisques website : https://www.georisques.gouv.fr
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.