Ask anything ...
€395 380 (HAI)**
**agency fees included : 6 % TTC to be paid by the buyer
(€373 000 without fees)
|Surface||253 M2*||Plot Size||1345 M2|
|Share this property||Print description|
|Voir l'annonce en français | More Leggett Exclusive Properties >>|
This house, dating from the 1850s and located 5.5 km from the bustling market town of Jarnac, will charm all those looking for authenticity and a wonderful, serene atmosphere, while also interested in creating an extra income. Its high ceilings, tall windows and wood floors throughout and the beautiful views over the vineyards opposite will delight you. Although already a warm and inviting home, there certainly is plenty of scope for you to put your own stamp on it. The 8m x 4m pool with Roman steps is a wonderful addition to the mature and private garden, where you can spend many hours relaxing, while basking in the warm Charente sunshine. Read more ...
- Entrance hall (7.88m x 2.05m) on beautiful old cement tiles in superb condition, with large built-in cupboard.
- Living room (5.95m x 5.09m) with radiators, wood-burning stove, double doors to hall, balcony.
- Kitchen (5.93m x 3.26m), with oak work tops, cupboards, dishwasher and “Everhot” range cooker.
- Large pantry.
- Landing with built-in cupboard and bathroom with bath, washbasin and toilet.
- Bedroom 1 (4.78m x 5.83m), wood floor, high ceiling, balcony, view of vineyards.
- Bedroom 2 (5.26m x 4.07m), wood floor, high ceiling, balcony, view of vineyards.
- Large en-suite shower room (2.09m x 2.08m) to bedroom 1, with shower, toilet and washbasin.
- Bedroom 3 (8.84m x 2.67m), carpet, VELUX windows.
- Large attic space (8.84m x 5.06m), wood floor.
Large and dry, standing height basement:
- 2 Boilers (1 for main house, 1 for annexe), 2 heaters (“Chappel” for annexe and “Deville” for main house), water softener for both main house and annexe.
GÎTE, with private entrance from the yard:
- Living room (5.09m x 5.17m) with open fire, tiled floor.
- Kitchen with cooker, sink and cupboards, tiled floor.
Bedroom 1 (5.20m x 2.70m), laminate floor.
Bedroom 2 (2.64m x 2.47m), laminate floor.
Bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin (2.09m x 2.71m), tiled floor.
- You enter the yard through an authentic Charentais cast iron gate.
- Large, mature, enclosed garden with gravel and grass parts. Not overlooked.
- Pool (4m x 8m), surrounded by a tiled terrace. Pipes for the heating installation are already there.
- Large summer kitchen: tiled floor with sink and cupboards.
- Various spacious outbuildings for storage.
- Off-road parking for 3 to 4 cars.
- The house is on mains drainage.
- The roof on the garage was renewed in 2020, the roof on the main house is in good condition.
- The oil tanks were replaced in 2020.
- The house is connected to fibre 4G/5G broadband.
- All measurements are approximate.
The CHARENTE, named after the eponymous river which flows through it, has the second sunniest climate after the South of France and it is therefore no surprise that there are many vineyards and that it is home to famous cognac houses like Hennessy, Rémy Martin, Martell and Courvoisier, to name but a few. Although the French are not cognac drinkers, as 95% of the total cognac production is for export to notably Asia and the USA, they like to joke that the best 5% are kept for the French market!
The city of COGNAC is a beautiful and laid-back town where you can enjoy walks in the large public park along the river, followed by a visit to one of the riverside restaurants. If shopping is more your thing, why not head straight to the pedestrian zone and hit the many shops and boutiques located there.
The property sits on a very quiet country lane in the picturesque hamlet of TRIAC-LAUTRAIT, close (5.5 km) to the thriving riverside town of JARNAC, which has all amenities (schools, indoor and outdoor sports complexes and fitness centres, a newly renovated outdoor swimming pool, a medical centre, supermarkets, cafes and restaurants) The current owners say that the neighbours and locals are very friendly and helpful.
There are walking and cycling routes close-by, which are mainly through a gently rolling landscape and therefore not too demanding on fitness levels.
Probably the FINEST RESTAURANT in the Charente is only 2 km away.
There are beautiful and well-maintained SWIMMING LAKES with beaches, restaurants/snackbars and facilities at maximum an hour’s drive, where you can safely take the whole family (although dogs are not allowed on the beaches) for a pleasant day out.
The beautiful seaside resort of ROYAN at the Atlantic coast is 1h20 by car and within 4h30 you can reach the PYRENEES and SPAIN.
ANGOULÊME (25.7 km), the administrative and cultural centre of the region, is an ancient, fortified town overlooking the river Charente. It is a buzzing city, especially popular with comic book, film, music and classic car enthusiasts for the “Angoulême International Comics Festival”, the “Angoulême Francophone Film Festival”, the “Musiques Métisses” and the “Angoulême Circuit des Remparts”, all held annually.
The gorgeous port city of BORDEAUX (114 km), located on the river Garonne, is perfect for a day trip, where you can go on a wine-tasting tour, stroll through the historic centre, visit the “Musée des Beaux Arts” and/or relax in one of the fragrant and clean public parks. If you have more time to spend, an hour’s drive from Bordeaux will take you to ARCACHON BAY, an upmarket inlet from the Atlantic Ocean, with its famous “DUNE OF PILAT”, the tallest sand dune in Europe, from where the views are breath-taking.
Closest railway stations: Jarnac - 6.6 km, Angoulème (TGV to Paris) – 25.3 km.
Airports: Bordeaux Mérignac – 122 km, daily budget flights to the UK; La Rochelle, daily budget flights to London Stansted - 131 km.
Ferries: Roscoff Britanny Ferries to Plymouth – 583 km; Dieppe DFDS Ferries to Newhaven – 606 km.
Eurotunnel: Calais to Folkestone – 752 km.
This house full of character will make a wonderful home and the guest house could generate a considerable extra income as a tourist rental.
More photos and information available upon request.
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.