Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
Reduction from €370,000 to €350,000
LE BAS SéGALA
|Surface||252 M2*||Plot Size||2477 M2|
|Share this property||Print description|
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This is a rare opportunity to acquire an attractive and generous detached family home in an idyllic village/rural setting. It has been tastefully and expertly decorated to the highest standards keeping its character and charm and is ready to move into immediately.
The house offers 5-bedroomed accommodation, spread across 3 floors. It is well insulated and benefits from oil-fired central heating and there is a large open fireplace in the dining room for additional ambience.
It sits in a beautiful fully enclosed garden made up of a lawn together with flower borders, shrubs, trees, fruit trees, numerous terraces for al-fresco dining or relaxing, BBQ and summer kitchen.
This would make an ideal family/holiday home or business, with the possibility of hosting friends or family in independent accommodation and with the added benefit of generating an additional income.
Read more ...
This very attractive 19th century former presbytery, presented in excellent condition, is situated in a small village close to the village of La Bastide l’Eveque in one of the most historic areas of France.
It has oil-fired central heating throughout.
• Hallway (13m2) – tiled floor, radiator, exposed beams
• Kitchen / Dining Room (44m2) - Fitted kitchen, tiled and wood flooring, fitted base units, cupboards, breakfast bar, electric oven, gas hob, original open fireplace, radiator, exposed wood beams
• Lounge (33m2) – wood floor, radiators, open fireplace, cupboards, exposed wood beams
• Office (5m2) – wood floor, cupboard, shelving, radiator
• WC (3m2) – electric radiator, WC, wash hand basin
• Bedroom 1 (27m2) –wood floor, radiator, open fireplace
• En-suite (9m2) - wood floor, WC, shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail
• Bedroom 2 (17m2) – wood floor, radiator
• Bedroom 3 (26m2) – wood floor, radiator, open fireplace, built-in wardrobe
• Bedroom 4 (9m2) – wood floor, radiator, built-in wardrobe
• Bathroom (9m2) – wood floor, bath with shower over, wash hand basin and vanity unit, heated towel rail
• Hallway (13m2) – wood floor, cupboard
• Bedroom 5 (40m2) –wood/laminate floor, exposed wooden beams, electric radiator
• En-suite (4m2) - tiled floor, shower, wash hand basin, WC, electric radiator
• Storage Room (45m2) – wooden floor
Utility Room (10m2) – concrete floor
Boiler Room (44m2) – central heating boiler
Oil Reservoir Room (6m2) – 2 oil tanks for central heating boiler
• Double metal gates to gravelled driveway with gravelled parking
• Gravel path to front door
• The beautiful garden is fully enclosed and is mainly laid to lawn with flower beds, shrubs, trees and fruit trees
• Terraces to the front and side of the house.
• Summer kitchen – gas hob, extractor fan, sink and drainer, shelving
• Vegetable garden
• Chicken house
• Double-gated rear access to garden
N.B. Measurements are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.
The Aveyron is a delightful and un-spoilt department of France, the area is beautiful, with landscapes of forests, undulating hills, rivers and wild flowers. It is also famed for its lovely towns and villages, with many villages boasting the accolade of being amongst the most beautiful in France.
La Bastide l’Eveque was founded in 1280 by Raymond de Calmont the bishop (Evêque) of Rodez the bastide is built on a granite plateau that overlooks the Gorges de l’Aveyron where numerous martinets (hydraulic forges) beat copper in the Middle Ages. This character village has preserved its layout so typical of bastide towns with its streets arranged in a grid pattern. Saint Dalmas church stands proudly in the central square.
Villefranche de Rouergue, which was founded in 1252 by Alphonse de Poitiers, Count of Toulouse and brother of king Saint Louis, is only 20 minutes’ drive away. The town presents, on a large scale, the characteristic layout of new towns of the period, a grid of streets with a square in the centre where religious and public life was carried out. From Villefranche you can discover the circuit of the Aveyron bastides. The old centre of the bastide lets you discover Place Notre Dame and its couverts (arcades), the collegiate church and its powerful porch-bell tower, the mediaeval streets as well as the rich merchants’ houses whose doors and towers symbolised the social position of its inhabitants in the 15th century. On the banks of the river Aveyron, Villefranche benefits from a particularly mild climate. This is where the south starts: the rooftops of the town proclaim it with their roman tiles. The Villefranche market, held every Thursday, is widely popular and is incredibly busy and vibrant. There are also an abundance of everyday shops, large supermarkets, restaurants and bars as well as a hospital, schools, train station and services.
The transport network is excellent, with easy access to motorways and rail travel. The area is also well located for the airports of Toulouse, Brive and Rodez; all within 1 to 2 hours’ drive.
Excellent additional shopping facilities are available in Rodez, Cahors and Toulouse with everyday shops, schools and services readily accessible in the towns of the local area.
As well as the large Thursday market in Villefranche de Rouergue there are local markets in the nearby towns and villages.
At certain times of the year there are occasional evening ‘producteurs’ markets in the surrounding towns and villages where food and wine can be bought and eaten at large trestle tables, accompanied by music and dancing; creating a lovely, welcoming, party atmosphere.
Sightseeing in the area is extensive, with opportunities to explore the dramatic castles and old ‘bastide’ towns. There are also local water sports available, including canoeing down the Gorges of the Aveyron and Lot rivers.
An ideal location!
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES