agency fees to be paid by the seller
Reduction from €440,000 to €399,000
|Surface||253 M2*||Plot Size||15041 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
Super opportunity to purchase this large, family home and business situated on an extremely quiet country lane with 1.5 hectares of land and some of the best panoramic views in this area.
Toulouse international airport is less than a one-hour drive away and can also be reached by train with free parking at the local train station. Close to a wide range of activities and only 10 minutes to 2 local villages with restaurant, shops and services.
This well-maintained property offers the following flexible accommodation:
• Large family home
• Family home and annexe for parents or children
• Family home with B&B and Gite
• Gite complex and family home (it would be easy to change the layout of this property and create a number of Gites to provide additional revenue)
• Perfect property for a family or group of friends to purchase, share the cost and enjoy together
Read more ...
As you drive towards the property, you cannot fail to be impressed by the local scenery and views. The quiet countryside lane leads up to the driveway of this lovely home and business.
At the top of the driveway is the large open barn/hangar with undercover parking for several vehicles.
The first thing you notice when entering this property are the views that stretch out in front of you including the mountains of Andorra – they are beautiful.
HOME – GROUND FLOOR
The gate opens into the south facing terrace, a perfect place to entertain friends and family and the door leading into the bright spacious conservatory (18 m2) with tiled floor and two Velux windows.
A double doorway leads into the 68m2 living area with tiled floor, exposed beams, 2 radiators, 4 windows and open wooden staircase leading up to the first floor. A door opens onto the rear terrace from the kitchen area. This wonderful room is divided into three unique areas:
• Lounge with wood burner
• Dining area
• Large modern kitchen with fitted units, induction hob, dishwasher, larder fridge and oven.
To the right a door opens into a large room, currently used as a laundry room, gym and storage space with electricity, water and double-glazed patio doors and views of the mountains. If you are looking for a business opportunity an additional gite or studio could be added to this complex by converting this large space into accommodation.
HOME - FIRST FLOOR
The wooden staircase leads into the upstairs hallway with a library area. It is possible to open up the bookcase and reconnect to the gite if you are looking for just a spacious home rather than a business.
The hallway leads into the following:
• WC independent with exposed beam, extractor fan and a corner wash basin
• Bedroom 1 with exposed beams, Velux and radiator
• Bedroom 2 currently used as an office with radiator, telephone point, exposed beams, window and 2 Velux
• Bedroom 3 is the main bedroom in the property at the end of the corridor with 2, full wall dressing areas with sliding doors and internal lighting. This room has a beautiful original barn door, exposed beams, radiator and 2 Velux.
• Bedroom 4 is a lovely spacious room with Velux, radiator and exposed beams. There is an area left of the door that has access to water and where a shower or a WC independent could be added
• Spacious bathroom (over 8 m2) with Velux, exposed beam, extractor fan, a new large bath with rainfall shower, modern wash basin set in furniture, WC and radiator
BED AND BREAKFAST – GROUND FLOOR
The bed and breakfast accommodation can be completely separate to the family home. There is a door accessed via the conservatory that leads into the reception area/guest lounge (25 m2) with insert fireplace, radiator window looking out to the garden and mountains and exposed beams. There is also access from the main house via a double door from living area.
A door from this area opens into the hallway with a radiator providing access to:
• Large bathroom (over 8 m2) with tiled floor, 2 contemporary wash basins, bath with shower, window and towel radiator
• Shower (next to the bathroom is a separate shower)
• WC independent
• Bedroom 5 with tiled floor, radiator and window with lovely views
• Bedroom 6 has a radiator, tiled floor, exposed beam and window with views of the garden and mountains.
GITE – FIRST FLOOR
This lovely gite provides guests with 64 m2 of accommodation. There is a separate gated entrance from the lane and a separate private terrace. The gite has a separate hot water system to the main house.
The entrance door opens into the new wooden staircase that opens out into the large living room with exposed beams, cosy seating, dining area and fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, oven, extractor hood).
Steps down from the living room lead into the:
• Bathroom (bath/shower, wash basin and WC)
• Large bedroom (7) with radiator, exposed beams and window with a view of the surrounding countryside
• Bedroom 8 with a radiator and views of the mountains.
There are several outbuildings offering further potential to expand this super property as follows:
This is a sweet building divided into different spaces
• Pigpens (this space could be changed into a stable if you own a horse)
• Workshop/garage with electric lighting and water
• Lovely spacious open building – could be used as a car port or as an under-cover outdoor eating space or games room
Next to the property is an enormous barn/hangar (130 m2) with high ceiling which incorporates:
• A small boiler room with condensing boiler, hot water tank and oil storage tank
• Undercover parking for several vehicles
Located across the lane at the rear of the property is an additional wooden building
This property is divided into two independent spaces
• One used currently for storage
• The second is the old winery used by the previous occupant
The property has 1.5 hectares of land located on either side of the little village lane. Each piece of land has panoramic views that stretch out in front of you and across to the mountains and Andorra. You would never tire of looking out at these views which change throughout the day.
The land has a number of fruit trees providing the owners with produce used for home made jam and a huge variety of flowering shrubs, roses and trees throughout the south facing lawned garden.
There is a 8 x 5m above ground, high quality timber framework swimming pool with sand filter, power and water supply, summer and winter cover. (pump replaced 2017) located slightly away from the house which has the same wonderful views across to the mountains.
An area to the right is for children with a small play house and swings.
The terraces have outdoor tap and power socket.
The house is situated midway between two villages – Artigat and Le Fossat.
In Artigat there is a lovely restaurant/bar with music nights.
Le Fossat has a small supermarket, doctors, dentist, primary school, bakers, bars and restaurant.
Things to do in the area:
Mas d’Azil is just 17 km away with:
• Grotte de Mas d’Azil with a museum inside a cave
• Glass blowing centre
• Prehistoric Museum
• Xploria Theme Park
• Reptile farm.
Carla-Bayle is 5 km from the house and has:
• Lake with beach
• Zip wire Adventure Park
• Grape vines and wine tasting
Foix (28km) is the capital of the Ariege and has a beautiful chateau to visit.
Portet sur Garonne has large shopping centres and IKEA.
The centre of Toulouse is only 66 km and has many historical things to see, lovely restaurants and street cafes and many shops.
The nearest ski resort is just over one hour away and Andorra is just 2 hours away (you can see the mountain tops of Andorra from the house).
The nearest airport is Toulouse International Airport (69 km)
Pamiers, 23 km from the house, has a train station.
Below is a summary of this peaceful, private and well-maintained property:
• Septic tank
• Oil central heating
• Two fireplaces (one insert and one wood burner)
• Well (not used by the current owners
• Two gated entrances
• Three terraces
• 8 bedrooms measuring between 9 and 16 m2
• 3 bathrooms
• 2 additional separate WC
• Double glazed patio doors and Velux
• 1.5 hectares of land (suitable for a horse)
• Shutters that close and tilt
• South-facing with stunning views
Additional photographs are available on request.
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
DPE test on going.