Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
Reduction from €695,000 to €599,000
CLERMONT L HERAULT
|Surface||345 M2*||Plot Size||3350 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
With 345m2 of habitable space on 3350 m2 of constructible land, this property has much to offer. Bursting with character features which have been carefully preserved in the renovation work which has been undertaken, the house does need some work to restore it to its full glory. Ideally situated within walking distance of shops and restaurants, yet hidden down a pretty lane and surrounded by trees, it’s the perfect location.
Read more ...
The main house of 300m2 comprises:
On the ground floor:
- large kitchen / dining room (50m2) with 4 sets of french doors leading onto the terrace and walled garden
- a lounge (28m2) with open fireplace and french doors onto the terrace
- entrance hallway with stone staircase leading to one side of the first floor
- toilet under the stairs.
- 2nd reception room (44m2)
- laundry room (11m2) with access onto the garden
- inner hallway (13m2) with 2nd stone staircase leading to the other side of the first floor
- 1 bedroom /office with ensuite shower room and access onto the garden
On the first floor:
On one side:
- Parental suite with elegant and luminous bedroom (31m2), with magnificent floor to ceiling windows overlooking the garden
- Ensuite bathroom (13m2) with roll top bath, walk in shower, antique hand basin, wc and a walk in wardrobe.
- 2nd bedroom, triple aspect (17m2) with ensuite shower room
- 3rd bedroom ((19m2) with a marble fireplace and ensuite shower room
- 4th bedroom (10m2) with ensuite shower room
On the other side: this side of the house could be made into an independent apartment with separate entrance. It comprises:
- 5th bedroom (17m2) dual aspect and with ensuite shower room
- 6th bedroom (12m2) with ensuite shower room
- small kitchen (8m2) with sink and units
In the garden a glazed orangerie has been converted into a studio gite (45m2) with shower room.
There are various other outbuildings and a swimming pool (9x 5m) in the enclosed grounds with access through a set of wrought iron gates. The land which is constructible, has many trees and plenty of space to park.
Steeped in history dating back to roman times, this property has a old world elegance and charm which is very beguiling. It has so much potential to make a wonderful and capacious family home, a boutique Chambre d’hôtes or a rental location for holidays. It has even been used to host weddings by the current owner, providing a charming and romantic backdrop.
The Hamlet of Fouscais (a dérivation of Fons Cassius) was originallly the site of a Roman villa in the 3rd Century which was said to belong to the préfet of the province of Gallia Narbonensis. The present hamlet sits on the same site and the current houses have in some cases been rebuilt using some of the original old cut roman stones. The house dates back to the 15th or 16th century and an ancient bath house in the grounds dates back to the 18th centtury. The kitchen and salon of this house were originally a chapel.
Clermont l’Herault is a lively provincial town with many shops, cafes, restaurants, schools and a weekly market with local produce. It is situated just 46kms from Beziers and 41 kms from Montpellier, both with airports with low budget flights and good rail links. Lake Salagou, a paradise for lovers of water sports, cycling and walking is just ten minutes away and the sandy mediterranean beaches are just half an hour. Nestled between the stunning mountains of the Haut Languedoc and the mediterranean coast, and renowned for both it’s wine and olive production this region has a rich and diverse landscape and no shortage of things to keep you or your guests occupied!
All measurements are approximate.
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
DPE : The energy estimation cannot be produced owing to a lack of appropriate data that conforms to the "arrêté du 15 septembre 2006 relatif au DPE".