Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
|Surface||0 M2*||Plot Size||10289 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This is a rare opportunity to own this beautiful stone property which has views across the countryside to the Lot river! This 19th Century stone property has been tastefully and expertly renovated to the highest standards keeping its character and charm and is ready to inhabit immediately. The property is set in a charming, peaceful and picturesque hamlet in between the towns of Cajarc (46160) and Figeac (46100).
The property offers four-bedroom accommodation There is a stylish and modern fitted kitchen, large dining room, large lounge, additional lounge/office and 2 bathrooms. The house is well insulated and benefits from oil-fired central heating. In addition, there is a wood-burning stove in the dining room for additional ambience.
The Gite offers two-bedroom accommodation, lounge/dining room with wood-burner, kitchen and bathroom. It was previously run as a bar/restaurant and has a Class IV license for the selling of food and alcohol.
In addition, there is a large wooden Hangar used currently as a workshop and garage with lots of storage space.
Also, a large stone barn on 2 levels which is a prime development opportunity to create something unique! Plans for development into Gites had been accepted but have now lapsed.
There is additional land to the rear of the property which had building permission and an additional piece of land away from the property which borders the river Lot.
The whole property sits in a fully enclosed garden. The garden is made up of a lawn together with flower borders, shrubs, trees and numerous varieties of fruit trees. There are also 2 terraces to the front and rear of the property. The garden and front terrace offer open views across fields and it is a very private and tranquil space.
This property would make an ideal family or holiday home, with the possibility of hosting friends or family in independent accommodation and with the added benefit of generating an additional income.
This excellent property really needs to be seen in person to reveal its special character.
Read more ...
This attractive stone property presented in excellent condition, situated in a small hamlet in between the towns of Cajarc (46160) and Figeac (46100) in the Lot, in one of the most historic areas of France.
The property sits on its own private plot and has oil-fired central heating.
Entrance via main door into:
• Kitchen (19m2) – Colombian tiled floor, range of floor and eye-level fitted kitchen units, shelving, sink and drainer, radiator
• Dining Room (23m2) – Solid oak wood floor, wood burner, double French doors to the front.
• Lounge (32m2) – Solid oak wood floor, radiator, double French doors to the front.
• Shower room (12m2) – Colombian tiled floor, walk-in Italian shower, double wash hand basin and vanity unit, WC, part-tiled walls, heated towel rail
• Store-room (12m2) – tiled floor, radiator, possible to convert into additional accomodation
• Utility room (22m2) – tiled floor, door to garden
Original wooden staircase to 1st Floor:
• Bedroom 1 (16m2) – Wood floor, fire-place, double radiator.
• Bedroom 2 (14m2) – wood floor, shelving, radiator
• Bedroom 3 (25m2) – wood floor, radiator, door to lounge/office
• Lounge/Office (15m2) – wood floor, door to bedroom 3, could be converted into an en-suite or additional bedroom
• Bedroom 4 (12m2) – wood floor, storage space, radiator
• Bathroom (12m2) – tiled floor, batch with mixer shower, shower, hand basin and vanity unit, heated towel rail, part-tiled walls
• WC (2m2) – WC, hand basin, part-tiled walls
Original wooden staircase to 2nd Floor:
• Studio (47m2) – wood floor, radiator, storage space, could be converted for additional uses or accomodation
• Lounge/Dining Room (24m2) – Tiled floor, electric radiator, breakfast bar
• Kitchen (8m2) – fitted base kitchen units, water heater
• Shower room (4m2) – Tiled floor, shower, WC, hand basin, part-tiled walls
Wooden staircase to 1st Floor:
• Bedroom 1 (11m2) – wood floor, exposed beams, vaulted ceiling
• Bedroom 2 (15m2) – wood floor, exposed beams, vaulted ceiling, Juliet balcony
• Large wooden open Hanger – used for covered parking and a workshop, storage in upper floor
• Large stone-built Barn (121m2) - on 2 levels, ideal for development into Gites. Plans previously raised and accepted for this exact project have now lapsed, so why not again!
• Swimming Pool (10x5) – salt-water, terraced, great views over the garden and surrounding countryside
• Summer House – Kitchen, pool equipment
• The garden to the rear is fully enclosed and is mainly laid to lawn with flower beds, shrubs, trees and fruit trees including plum, quince and walnut. Additional flower beds are to the front of the property
• Terrace areas to the front of the main property and the Gite and a further raised terrace at the rear of the main house at 1st floor level
• Boiler Room (13m2) – central heating boiler, fuel reservoir
• Large gravelled parking area
• Additional land: Plot of land (2147m2) directly behind the property with permission to build (CU) granted and another plot (2280m2) which borders the Lot river.
N.B. Measurements are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.
The Lot is a delightful and un-spoilt department of France, the area is beautiful, with landscapes of forests, undulating hills, rivers and wild flowers. The Lot is also famed for its lovely towns and villages, with many villages boasting the accolade of being amongst the most beautiful in France.
Cajarc is a busy small town with several restaurants, hotels, shop, bars, art galleries, water activities on the river Lot. In addition, there are a number of events and festivals e.g. Africajarc an African music festival, Fete du Safran du Quercy.
The town of Figeac, is only 20 minutes’ drive away, has everyday shops, large supermarkets, restaurants and bars as well as, schools, train station, weekly market and services and is very popular with tourists.
The famous village of Saint Cirq-Lapopie, which is accorded the accolade of being one of the most beautiful villages in France, is only 15 minutes’ drive away, and is very popular with tourists.
The large town of Villefranche de Rouergue, is only 35 minutes’ drive away. The Villefranche market, held every Thursday, is widely popular and is incredibly busy and vibrant. There are also an abundance of everyday shops, large supermarkets, restaurants and bars as well as a hospital, schools, train station and services.
The transport network is excellent, with easy access to motorways and rail travel. The area is also well located for the airports of Toulouse, Brive and Rodez; all within 1 to 2 hours’ drive.
Excellent additional shopping facilities are available in Figeac, Rodez, Cahors, and Toulouse.
As well as the markets in Villefranche de Rouergue and Figeac there are local markets in the nearby towns and villages.
At certain times of the year there are occasional evening ‘producteurs’ markets in the surrounding towns and villages where food and wine can be bought and eaten at large trestle tables, accompanied by music and dancing; creating a lovely, welcoming, party atmosphere.
Sightseeing in the area is extensive, with opportunities to explore the dramatic castles and old ‘bastide’ towns. There are also local water sports available, including canoeing down the Gorges of the Aveyron and Lot rivers. Also, there are available cruises and boat hire along the Lot river.
An ideal location!
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES