agency fees to be paid by the seller
Reduction from €1,100,000 to €999,000
|Surface||272 M2*||Plot Size||9627 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This château is the perfect location for 'getting away from the outside world'. You would never tire of the sublime views overlooking the River Rhône, and rows of beautiful vines. On a clear day, the tip of Mont Blanc is even visible on the horizon. Yet at the same time, you are superbly connected to Geneva, Paris and numerous worldwide locations.
- 272m2 of period accommodation in the main house.
- Several outbuildings with renovation potential as extra accommodation or business.
- Large, mature grounds with orchard and flat lawn suitable for marquee.
- Outdoor pool with terrace and covered dining area.
- Less than 50km from the Bardonnex Swiss border crossing on Geneva’s outskirts.
- Just 21km from the TGV train station at Bellegarde with direct trains to Paris.
- 57km from Geneva International Airport.
- Cross-country ski station close by.
The main house has 3 floors, plus a small basement/wine cellar. All rooms to the front of the property enjoy the spectacular views over the River Rhône and surrounding Seyssel vineyards.
This property would make a wonderful home, or secondary residence. It also has clear business potential as a boutique hotel or venue for events such as weddings.
- Large entrance hall, with fantastic original doors.
- Impressive reception room.
- Dining room.
- Kitchen, leading out onto a covered terrace perfect for al fresco dining.
- 3 double bedrooms.
- Upstairs sitting room, which could also serve as a 4th double bedroom.
- Separate toilet.
- Access into character stone tower, which includes a workshop.
- 2 further double bedrooms.
- Large upstairs lounge area.
- Mezzanine with sleeping area.
- Separate toilet.
- Pool with terrace for sun loungers and covered area for dining.
- Covered area leading out from the kitchen, also ideal for a dining table and/or bbq.
- Terrace to the front of the main house perfect for soaking in the fabulous views.
- One-bedroom cottage, ideal for caretaker or for letting out as a gîte.
- Coach house with studio apartment upstairs, and workshop/storage areas on the ground floor.
- Orchard with various fruit trees.
- Former kitchen garden.
- Flat lawn suitable for marquee.
- Additional covered dining/bbq area.
- Small outbuilding for storing garden machinery.
Geneva's International Airport is just 57 km away by road.
The TGV station at Bellegarde is a mere 21 km away. From here, the direct service to Paris takes around two and a half hours.
The nearest French town with everyday amenities such as bakeries, banks and post office is Seyssel. This is just 9 km away by road, about a 15-minute drive. Seyssel is unusual in that it straddles the impressive River Rhône, and is part of the Ain (01) département on one bank, and Haute-Savoie (74) on the other.
In Seyssel there is a water sports’ centre which rents out kayaks and stand-up paddle boards, for example. The perfect way to enjoy the river.
Close to the property, at an altitude of 1250 m, is Sur-Lyand’s “Espace Nature” with commanding views over the Alps, the Massif de Belledonne, and Bourget, Annecy and Léman lakes. There is a cross-country skiing centre with 18 km of pistes. Luge, skating and snow shoeing are also on offer in winter months.
DPE : The energy estimation cannot be produced owing to a lack of appropriate data that conforms to the "arrêté du 15 septembre 2006 relatif au DPE".