Ask anything ...
€380 000 (HAI)**
**agency fees included : 6 % TTC to be paid by the buyer
(€360 000 without fees)
|Surface||240 M2*||Plot Size||322 M2|
|Share this property||Print description|
|Voir l'annonce en français|
Exceptional Medieval Property set in the old lanes of Gourdon with many original features. It has been uniquely restored and now offers beautiful large reception areas and four bedrooms and three bathrooms. Although in the town it is in the old quiet pedestrian streets. The walled garden gets sun all day and you can walk to all amenities in the town and to the swimming lake in Gourdon. The River Dordogne just a short drive. Read more ...
Dreamed of owning a special historical property in France and running your own Chambres d"hotes?
Well this property offers all of that with it's unique and authentic charme based in the heart of Gourdon, with authentic medieval streets, dating back to the 14th century. It has been restored but has retained many original features, is bursting with character and has a beautiful walled garden and a courtyard on two levels. It has full central heating. The vendors are open to offers on this beautiful property.
From the old streets of Gourdon, you enter the property from a small lane into a private courtyard leading to:
• Entrance hall and Staircase (10m2) Oak staircase accesses all three floors, door to:
• Kitchen (13 m2) Range of base units in solid wood, butler sink, and solid oak worktops, integral dishwasher, and fridge. Large range cooker with a stone wall behind. Original exposed beamed ceiling, tiled floor. Dual aspect. Open to:
• Breakfast room (20 m2) original stone walls. Arched window to front, chestnut flooring. Built-in low cupboards to match the kitchen units. Doors to:
• Dining Room (30 m2) Three large windows to front, solid oak flooring, Log burner & fireplace. Arched double doors back to hallway:
Stairs up to half level with access to garden and door to:
• Lounge / Summer room (33 m2) Stone walls, Fireplace, wooden flooring, old stone sink, dual aspect looking onto the garden.
• Master / Bedroom 1 (28.5 m2) Chestnut flooring, fireplace with wooden surround built-in wardrobes. Three large windows to front. Door to:
• En-suite bathroom (8.6m2) Rolltop bath, sink, and toilet, tiled floor.
From landing, door to:
• Small vestibule (8 m2) with door to:
• Bedroom 2 (19 m2) Window to front, fireplace with wooden surround, window to front.
from the vestibule, door to:
• Shower room (5 m2) Shower and sink and window.
• Separate W.C. (1.5 m2)
Stairs half level landing with door to:
• Lounge / Music Room (43 m2) Many original features, stone walls, old stone sink, oak beams, and solid oak flooring and log burner. Two windows overlooking the courtyard.
• Bedroom 3 (26.4 m2) Exposed stone walls, beams, solid pine floor. Three large windows to front.
• Bedroom 4 (20m2) Exposed stone walls, fireplace with wooden surround, beams and solid oak flooring. Dual aspect.
• Bathroom (8.6 m2) Rolltop bath, sink, and w.c. Tiled floor and window to side.
Outside from courtyard garden to:
• Cave (42 m2) Main boiler room with a hot water boiler, oil tank, and a wood burner which both can run the central heating. Plumbing for washing machine and dryer.
• Outside W.C. (2 m2)
The garden consists of a private courtyard (40 m2) on the ground floor and a walled garden (100 m2) with lawn, shrubs, and flowers which is accessed from the first floor by the lounge/garden room.
The property is in the old town of Gourdon and you can walk to the many restaurants and shops.
- The main train station is also within walking distance on the PARIS/TOULOUSE line.
- The nearest airport is Brive (valley of the Dordogne) airport which is 48 km and Bergerac Airport is 87 km.
-Gourdon is also easily accessible by the A20 autoroute.
-There is a swimming/leisure lake in Gourdon which is only 2 km from the house and in summer an outdoor pool or the Dordogne River is only 15 minutes drive for picnics, swimming or for hiring a canoe.
- There are many touristic sites within easy reach of Gourdon. For example, the Caves of Cougnac, Rocamadour, Padirac and the lovely medieval town of Sarlat.
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
DPE : Energy test not required.