Ask anything ...
€1 062 500
agency fees to be paid by the seller
VERTEUIL SUR CHARENTE
|Surface||366 M2*||Plot Size||435 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
Home to the « Brioche du Moulin de Verteuil », made popular by the British chef James Martin, the reputation of this Mill already precedes it. Have the unique opportunity of becoming the owner of this exceptional historical building and take over its already well established business. Huge potential to develop further, with its ideal village center location, riverside terraces and views directly onto the imposing « Château de Verteuil ».
The mill is completely restored respecting its original charm, including the machine room that is still used to make the flour used in the restaurants kitchens. Read more ...
The premises in more detail...
GROUND FLOOR :
- Reception/Bar/First restaurant room : 54.9 m² Magnificent oak bar, direct access to the terrace, a wood burner, WC. This room can hold around 30 people.
- Island terrace, sitting between the river Charente and a smaller branche that works the mill, lovely views and catches the sun until late afternoon. Room for up to 50 covers.
- Professional kitchen : 25.9 m² installed in 2014 it is composed of a main kitchen, a dish washing corner, and dessert corner
- Massive Laboratory : 31.5 m² with bread oven this is where the patisseries are made, including the famous Brioche.
- Entrance hall : 19.5 m² leading to the second floor. Here you can see part of the mill in action
FIRST FLOOR :
- Beautiful restaurant room : 77.3 m² with engraved stone fireplace. Windows overlooking the machine room of the working mill. Can hold 55 covers easily.
SECOND FLOOR (apartment) : Currently rented during the summer months, but would also be ideal for the owners private quarters.
- Open plan living room / kitchen : 64 m² with central bar and wood-burner
- Large shower room : 10 m² with his & hers wash-bassins and shower cabin
- Separate WC/ utility corner
- Snug : 13,6 m²
- Bedroom 1 : 32 m²
- Bedroom 2 : 14,5 m²
- Mezzanine bedroom : 7 m²
- Attic : 16 m²
Right in the center of the beautiful touristic village of Verteuil-sur-Charente, known for it's amazing fairy tale château and it's enchanting river side setting, Verteuil is conveniently placed only 3 km off of the N10 Dual carriageway and 6 km from the bustling town of Ruffec with supermarkets, two weekly markets, train station and much more. Angoulême, 43 km has a main line train station, Poitiers, 75 km with main line train station and international airport.
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
DPE : The energy estimation cannot be produced owing to a lack of appropriate data that conforms to the "arrêté du 15 septembre 2006 relatif au DPE".