agency fees to be paid by the seller
|Surface||102 M2*||Plot Size||242 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français | More Leggett Exclusive Properties >>|
Situated in St Beat, a traditional Pyrenean village with shops, services, small supermarket, bakers and bar. This large property had a new roof in 2015 with insulation, new double glazing throughout and would make a perfect:
• Commerce and home
• Family home
• Holiday home and rental property
• Commerce with apartments
• Apartments for rent
• 16-minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (11 km)
• 22-minute drive to Superbagneres Ski Resort (20 km)
• 45-minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (35 km
• 50-minute drive to Baqueira/Beret in Spain (48 km)
Read more ...
Are you looking for a renovation project in a village in the mountains close to skiing? This large property was previously a commerce selling tabac, gas cylinders, fishing tackle and permits.
The owner decided to renovate it into a home, he had a new roof with excellent insulation fitted in 2015, double glazing, started to do the electrics but sadly due to health he is having to sell.
The property offers a range of different possibilities.
St Beat is a traditional Pyrenean village with a long history. It is known as the ‘Cite de Marbre’ as for years the marble in the mountains here was used in many famous structures. It sits on the River Garonne, a favourite with fishermen from March to September.
The property is on the N125, route d’Espagne and St Beat is literally less than 10 minutes to the border of Spain and the Val d’Aran with shops, tapas bars, restaurants and activities.
You can walk through the ground floor and first floor of the property using the virtual tour below, clicking through each room and zooming in to see all the features. There is a floor plan of these two floors and the 3D ‘dolls house’ again giving you a different view of the rooms.
Let looks at what the property offers:
The basement is accessed via the ground floor and has a number of spaces and provides easy access to pipework etc.
The large terrace/parking area to the left of the house gives access to the ground floor of the property. The entrance door has an electric shutter and opens into one of the 4 rooms on this floor with wooden floors.
One room has a chimney where an Aga or similar style cooker could be installed (a flue would be required).
At the front of the building is a covered terrace with a door opening to an external staircase leading up to the first-floor balcony.
The 4 rooms provide approximately xxxxxxx m2 of space to be shaped as you wish.
The original wooden staircase winds up to the first floor. Each side of the property on this floor has a balcony.
The accommodation is approximately xxxxxxx m2 and consists of:
• 4 rooms to be shaped as you wish
• Shower room
• WC independent
• Small storage room
The large balcony/terrace at the front of the property is covered making it possible to sit, relax, listen to the river and watch the world go by irrespective of the weather.
The rear balcony overlooks the stream at the rear of the house. Locally known as little Annecy with its tiny bridges over the stream and where on sunny days neighbours sit on their terrace and balconies enjoying the mountain views.
A door in one room opens to what could be a beautiful large terrace (which needs to be rebuilt).
The attic covers the property with 3 areas:
• Two large spaces which could be bedrooms with en-suite
• An area at the top of the stairs which could be reading area or an office perhaps.
• Covered small terrace at the front of the house
• Large terrace/parking area to the side
• Small garden at the rear that goes down to the stream
• Front large covered balcony on the first floor
• Rear long balcony on the first floor overlooking the pretty stream and bridges below.
This area of the Pyrenees really does have something for everyone.
St Beat is the main village of the canton and has the following shops and services:
• Little café/bar
• Post Office
• Clothing boutique
and all of this is less than 10 minutes from the Val d ’Aran in Spain with a massive choice of restaurants and bars, large supermarkets etc.
In the immediate vicinity, you have the following activities and amenities available to you:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains, lakes and village outdoor swimming pool (in Summer)
• Cycling (cross country and Tour de France mountain passes)
• Paragliding, rafting, canoeing, hunting, horse-riding and fishing
• Spas (Luchon, Balnea and Lès in Spain)
• Shops, restaurants and historical sites
The nearest large supermarket, Intermarche is 5km from the house but the little village has a small supermarket and bakers.
This is a great price for a large property with private parking, small garden and balconies, double glazing and a brand-new roof with insulation.
Additional photographs can be provided, please just ask.
For anyone looking to renovate a traditional village home, this property offers a perfect template with some of the more expensive work already completed.
Take a look at the walk-through tour for more information and contact us with your questions.
DPE : Energy test not required.