Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
|Surface||288 M2*||Plot Size||2991 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français | More Leggett Exclusive Properties >>|
On the edge of the tranquil, authentic French village of Challonges, this former farm building has benefited from a no-expense-spared renovation by its British owner. This is luxurious French countryside living at its very best. All within a commutable distance to both Geneva and Annecy, and around 40 minutes (45km) from Geneva International Airport. The property's large outbuildings also offer fantastic business potential.
- 6 double bedrooms, all but 2 of them with their own ensuite bathrooms.
- Very spacious living/dining room (75m2), perfect for a large family or for entertaining.
- 41m2 fitted kitchen with top-quality units handmade in England. Central island with stools for sociable cooking.
- Kitchen opens onto 45m2 decked terrace, and private garden beyond. Great entertaining space.
- Paddock (2138m2) suitable for livestock such as sheep or horses.
- Insulated 80m2 dog compound.
- Workshop, large double garages and annexe offer great potential for running a business from home. Or conversion.
- Plumbing in place to add a swimming pool in the garden.
- Just 6.5km (7 minutes approx.) from the A40 motorway (Autoroute Blanche).
- 35km (35 minutes approx.) from the Swiss/Geneva border at Bardonnex.
- 38km (45 minutes approx.) from Annecy.
- Large double garage with two sets of double doors (50m2).
- Entrance hall.
- Room currently used as gym & music room but could also be a double bedroom (23m2). Ensuite shower. Space for sauna.
- Boiler room (6.5m2).
- Workshop (32m2).
- Generous living/dining room with wood burner (75m2).
- Fitted kitchen (41m2) with doors leading onto the terrace and into garden.
- Separate W.C.
- Shower room (8.5m2) with entrance into garden.
- Room currently used as office but could also serve as double bedroom (15.25m2).
- Master bedroom (23.25m2) with ensuite shower room.
- Second double bedroom (16m2) with ensuite shower room.
- Two further double bedrooms (14.4m2 and 12.5m2).
- Family bathroom (6m2).
The property is situated on the edge of the village of Challonges, which is very peaceful and surrounded by beautiful countryside and stunning views towards the Alps. Challonges itself has a bakery and a maternelle and élémentaire school (up to age 11). There is a large supermarket just 10 minutes' drive away (8.5km) on the entrance to Seyssel. Seyssel, which straddles the impressive Rhône river, offers all the amenities you need for day-to-day living.
The property's current owner commuted on a daily basis to Geneva. The Bardonnex border crossing into Switzerland is just 35km away (35 minutes' drive approx.). Indeed, the property is just 6.5km (7 minutes by car approx.) from the A40 motorway.
As well as providing easy access to Geneva, and to its international airport, this means that in just over an hour you have access to some fantastic skiing and snowboarding in winter. And other mountain sports like hiking and climbing in summer. Chamonix, for example, is approx. 1 hour 15 minutes away by car (115km). Les Carroz, a fantastic ski resort in the Grand Massif area, is just 1 hour 5 minutes away approx. (90km). You can also reach the popular ski resort of La Clusaz in around 1 hour 10 minutes (65km).
World-famous Annecy, with its beautiful historic centre and stunning lake, is 38km away. That's only around a 45-minute drive.
The nearest TGV station, with direct trains to Paris in 2 hours 39 minutes, is at Bellegarde-sur-Valserine. This only a 15-minute (14km) car ride.
DPE test on going.