Ask anything ...
€1 254 000
agency fees to be paid by the seller
Reduction from €1,470,000 to €1,254,000
CLERMONT L HERAULT
|Surface||514 M2*||Plot Size||4602 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This spectacular property, quietly nestled amongst the Languedocien vineyards is in a sought after, quiet location yet only 5 minutes from the closest amenities. Beautifully and carefully designed, it cleverly marries contemporary style and convenience with traditional character features and wonderful bespoke craftsmanship and quality materials.
Read more ...
Behind its wrought iron gates, the property offers a total of 514m2 of habitable space, spread over the impressive main house, the 2 identical gites with their shared pool and the pool house with it’s infinity pool, making the most of the spectacular views. Set in 4602 m2 of grounds, the ensemble offers flexible accommodation with tried and tested business potential from the gites, aswell as the possibility of Bed and Breakfast in the main house and pool house.
The main house comprises a total of 325m2 habitable space.
Ground floor: with beautiful travertine floors throughout, comprises:
- a spacious hallway (11m2) with impressive stone staircase with bespoke wrought iron balustrade, a separate wc and cloakroom. Access to the cellar (30m2).
- fully fitted traditional style kitchen (21m2) with marble topped island and worktops and a range style cooker, utility room (4m2) and pantry (1,7m2). Two sets of french doors lead out onto the ornamental garden to the front of the property and a stable back door leads to the rear garden.
- Magnificent double height, double level living /dining room (85m2) with suspended wood burning stove dividing the space and exposed beams. On the upper level the dining area (32m2) has french doors leading out onto a terrace and enclosed garden. On the lower level the lounge area has 5 sets of double french doors, flooding the room with light and seamlessly flowing from outside to in.
- on the other side of the hallway is a study (25m2) with french doors and and an open fireplace
- a few steps lead up to a hallway (11m2) leading to:
- bedroom 1 (20m2) with ensuite shower room (3m2)
- bedroom 2 (13m2) with ensuite shower room (3m2)
- bedroom 3 /studio (42m2) with ensuite shower room (4m2). This spacious and light room has 2 sets of french doors leading out onto a terrace and a balcony overlooking the ornamental garden. There is a corner kitchen area with sink. This flexible space could easily be converted into an independent studio apartment, easily separated from the main house and with it’s own entrance.
Upstairs, on either side of the landing are 2 bedrooms with beautiful reclaimed wide oak floorboards and exposed beams:
- bedroom 4 (25m2) with wood burning stove
- bedroom 5 (26m2), the master bedroom with free standing cast iron roll top bath, perfect for bathing with a view over the gardens. This bedroom has 2 sets of french doors, 2 dressing rooms and an ensuite shower room with walk through shower.
This spacious and elegant house has been conceived with the highest quality materials and a close attention to detail. It’s light and capacious rooms, with french doors leading onto the garden make the most of the space and offer generous and flexible accommodation. With double glazing throughout, a centralised vacuum system, reversible underfloor heating, a water softener and solar generated hot water, it benefits from all the modern conveniences.
The 2 identical gites are separate from the main house and have their own impressive arched oak door entrance, which leads directly into a shared covered courtyard with pool (8x4m), in between the gites.
Each gite comprises 80m2 of habitable space and enjoys a private terrace, pretty garden to the rear of the property with abundant planting and far reaching views over the surrounding vineyards to the hills beyond.
On the ground floor of each gite is a fantastic double height open plan living space (50m2) with fully fitted corner kitchen, dining area and living area with wood burning stove. There are 2 sets of french doors leading into the courtyard and garden, and a store room under the stairs. A stone staircase with bespoke bannister rails leads up to the mezzanine bedroom (25m2) with french doors onto a Juliet balcony. You can bathe in the roll top bath whilst admiring the spectacular views. A cleverly concealed shower room (5m2) completes the accommodation.
Downstairs the floors are beautifully tiled whilst upstairs the floors are reclaimed oak boards. The exposed beams add character and the wood burning stove is complemented by a marble electric radiator. The gites also benefit from water softeners.
Next to the gites is a garage (5x7m) and a parking area for several vehicles.
The final piece of the puzzle in this extensive property, is the pool house. Situated high above the main house and enjoying spectacular views, it is the perfect spot for a party or just to enjoy a sundowner, whilst soaking up the sun and the wonderful scenery or taking a dip in the infinity pool (10x6m).
The pool house offering 29m2 of habitable space, with sliding glass doors the full length of the front facade, comprises:
- living room with kitchenette and wood burning stove (14m2)
- bedroom (12m2) with ensuite shower room (3m2)
The pool is surrounded by a paved terrace with covered seating area.
Clermont L’Herault is ideally situated between the mountains of the Haut Languedoc, the plains covered with vineyards and olive groves and the sunny mediterranean beaches. For lovers of water sports, walking and cycling, Lake Salagou is on it’s doorstep aswell as all the river and gorges of the Herault valley for canoeing and paddle boarding. The airports and train stations of Montpellier and Beziers are 51 and 46kms away. There is direct access to the A75 motorway which takes you north to central France and south towards Spain. This is a town and a region abundant with wine, sunshine and fantastic scenery, come and see for yourselves!
All measurements are approximate.
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES