Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
|Surface||282 M2*||Plot Size||2229 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
This is a rare opportunity to own this beautiful stone property which has a lot of potential. This 19th Century stone property, over 3 floors, has been tastefully and expertly renovated to the highest standards keeping its character and charm and is ready to inhabit immediately. The property is set in the charming, peaceful and picturesque village of Promilhanes.
The present owners have run it as a Restaurant in the past and there is no reason why it could not be run as a successful restaurant business again as everything is in place to do that immediately including the Licence V restaurant licence – a great opportunity!
The property offers four-bedroom accommodation which is shared, 2 bedrooms each, between the Vendors living area on the 1st floor and the Gite on the lower ground floor. There are 2 stylish and modern fitted kitchens, one on the 1st floor and one on the ground floor. The house is double glazed, well insulated and benefits from dual A/C and heating units in some rooms. In addition, there are wood-burning stoves on the 1st and ground floors for additional ambience.
The Gite, on the lower ground floor, offers two-bedroom accommodation, large lounge/dining room, kitchen and bathroom
The whole property sits in a fully enclosed garden. The garden is made up of a lawn together with flower borders, shrubs and trees. There are also 2 graveled terraces to the rear and side of the property and a covered terrace to the front of the property. In addition, at the rear there is a swimming pool with a wooden decking surround. The garden and rear terraces offer open views across fields and it is a very private and tranquil space.
This property would make an ideal family or holiday home, with the possibility of hosting friends or family in independent accommodation and with the added benefit of generating an additional income.
The Vendor has recently decorated parts of the property and added double glazing.
The Vendor has also obtained an IV licence for the property and plans to open a wine bar where the restaurant used to be.
This excellent property really needs to be seen in person to reveal its special character.
Read more ...
Charming stone property, full of character and history, presented in excellent condition and situated in one of the historic areas of France. It could lend itself to be a superb family home, or equally a successful Restaurant and/or Gite business.
Entrance via main door into:
• Large open-plan room (67m2) – Solid oak wood floor, wood burner, previously used as the Restaurant and now used to exhibit various items
• Kitchen (20m2) – Solid oak wood floor, range of floor level fitted units, cooker, sink and drainer, exposed beams.
• Workshop (20m2) - Solid oak wood floor
• Bathroom (7m2) – Tiled floor, bath, wash hand basic, WC
Wooden staircase to 1st Floor:
• Open plan lounge/dining room/kitchen/office (62m2) - Solid oak wood floor, wood burner, dual A/C&Heating unit, high ceiling with exposed beams, Kitchen contains range of floor and eye-level fitted units, double sink, breakfast bar
• Bedroom 1 (17m2) – Solid oak wood floor, exposed beams.
• Shower room (9m2) – Solid oak wood floor, exposed beams, shower, WC, wash hand basin and vanity unit.
• Bedroom 2 (13m2) – Solid oak wood floor, exposed beams.
Lower Ground Floor (Gite):
• Lounge/Dining Room (28m2) – Double doors to terrace
• Bedroom 1 (14m2) – Tiled floor
• Bedroom 2 (14m2) – Tiled floor
• Bathroom (6m2) – Solid oak wood floor, Spa bath with shower over, WC, wash hand basin and vanity unit,
• Kitchen (5m2) – Solid oak wood floor, range of base level fitted units, gas cooker, sink
• Store-room (9m) - Shelving
• Large covered terrace to the front of the property. Ideal place for relaxing and for al fresco dining.
• Gravelled terrace area to the rear of the Gite with BBQ
• Swimming pool (9m x 4m – Decking surround, covered pergola, shower
• Gravelled terrace to the side – Recreation area, vegetable garden
• The garden to the rear is mainly laid to lawn with flower beds, shrubs, trees and fruit trees.
• Hangar for storing wood
• Garage (30m2) – Space for 1 or 2 cars,
• Chicken enclosure
The Lot is a delightful and un-spoilt department of France, the area is beautiful, with landscapes of forests, undulating hills, rivers and wild flowers. The Lot is also famed for its lovely towns and villages, with many villages boasting the accolade of being amongst the most beautiful in France.
The larger village of Limogne en Quercy is 8 minutes away, famous for its truffle market and which also has restaurants, bars, bakeries, and everyday shops.
The famous village of Saint Cirq-Lapopie, which is accorded the accolade of being one of the most beautiful villages in France, is only 25 minutes’ drive away, and is very popular with tourists.
The large town of Villefranche de Rouergue, is only 25 minutes’ drive away. The Villefranche market, held every Thursday, is widely popular and is incredibly busy and vibrant. There are also an abundance of everyday shops, large supermarkets, restaurants and bars as well as a hospital, schools, train station and services.
The transport network is excellent, with easy access to motorways and rail travel. The area is also well located for the airports of Toulouse, Brive and Rodez; all within 1 to 2 hours’ drive.
Excellent additional shopping facilities are available in Figeac, Rodez, Cahors, and Toulouse.
As well as the large Thursday market in Villefranche de Rouergue there are local markets in the nearby towns and villages.
At certain times of the year there are occasional evening ‘producteurs’ markets in the surrounding towns and villages where food and wine can be bought and eaten at large trestle tables, accompanied by music and dancing; creating a lovely, welcoming, party atmosphere.
Sightseeing in the area is extensive, with opportunities to explore the dramatic castles and old ‘bastide’ towns. There are also local water sports available, including canoeing down the Gorges of the Aveyron and Lot rivers. Also, there are available cruises and boat hire along the Lot river.
An ideal location!
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES