Ask anything ...
agency fees to be paid by the seller
Reduction from €195,000 to €165,000
VILLEFRANCHE DE ROUERGUE
|Surface||122 M2*||Plot Size||4046 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
** Under Offer ** This is a rare opportunity to own this beautiful property which has views across the Aveyron river! This property has been tastefully and expertly renovated to the highest standards keeping its character and charm and is ready to inhabit immediately. The property is set in a charming, peaceful and picturesque location on the outskirts of Villefranche de Rouergue.
The property offers two-bedroom accommodation There is a stylish and modern open plan kitchen/dining room/lounge, large lounge/sun-room, 2 toilets and a shower room. The house is double glazed, well insulated and benefits from electric radiator central heating. In addition, there is a wood-burning stove in the kitchen/lounge/dining room and dual A/C and heating units in the lounge and the master bedroom, which can be controlled by a smartphone, for additional ambience.
In addition, there is a large covered area at ground floor level with 2 cellars. The 2 cellars are currently used as a utility room and workshop.
The Gite has its own entrance from the street, plus one from the garden. It has two gardens, both with a wooden terrace. The rear garden offers a magnificent view of the river and the hill. It will be sold as a going concern and offers one-bedroom accommodation, open plan lounge/dining room/kitchen with wood-burner and en-suite bathroom to the bedroom.
There is also a covered parking area for 3 vehicles.
The whole property sits in a fully enclosed garden. The garden is made up of a lawn together with flower borders, shrubs and trees. There are also terraces to side of the main property and 2 terraces to the front and rear of the Gite. The garden and terraces offer open views across the Aveyron river and it is a very private and tranquil space.
This property would make an ideal family or holiday home, with the possibility of hosting friends or family in independent accommodation and with the added benefit of generating an additional income.
Also, the ancient grain silo gives the property a great development opportunity.
This excellent property really needs to be seen in person to reveal its special character.
Read more ...
** Under Offer ** This attractive property presented in excellent condition, situated alongside the Aveyron river on the outskirts of Villefranche de Rouergue, in one of the most historic areas of France. The property sits on its own private plot, has electric radiator central heating with additional wood burners and is double-glazed.
Stone staircase up to first floor.
Entrance via main door into:
• Kitchen/Dining Room/Lounge (26m2) –wood floor, wood burner (11Kw), electric radiator, dual A/C and heating unit, kitchen comprising fitted base level units, electric hob&oven, dishwasher, extractor hood, double doors to Lounge/Sun-Room.
• Lounge/Sun-Room (20m2) – Glazed on three sides, giving a magnificent view over the river, the hill and the collegial, window blinds, seating which has ten storage cabinets underneath, electric radiator
• WC – Tiled floor, hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
Wooden staircase to 2nd Floor:
• WC – Wood floor, WC
• Bedroom 1 (11m2) – Wood floor, fire-place, electric radiator, dual A/C and heating unit.
• Shower Room (6m2) – Tiled floor, modern suite comprising shower, WC, hand basin and storage unit, heated towel rail.
• Bedroom 2 (10m2) – wood floor, fitted wardrobes, electric radiator
• Kitchen/Dining Room/Lounge (25m2) – Wood floor, kitchen has modern fitted base level fitted units, electric hob&oven, extractor hood, dishwasher, doors to front and rear gardens and terraces
• Bedroom (18m2) – Wood floor, electric radiator,door to shower room
• En-suite Shower room – Tiled floor, shower, WC, hand basin and vanity unit, heated towel rail.
Ancient Grain Silo:
• Previously used to store grain. It is now used for storage.
• Access is through two sliding doors to the street, and an electric roller shutter from the parking area.
• The silo has an open ground floor area (400m2), and the top floor area (400m2) is accessible by five internal stairs. There is another floor giving access to the roof, and breath-taking views of Villefranche de Rouergue, as well as a basement area.
• This whole building would be ideal as a development opportunity for someone with vision to turn it into something unique.
• Tiered, partly covered, terraces to the side of the property make an ideal place for relaxing and for al fresco dining, with areas for a BBQ and a whirlpool bath
• The garden is mainly laid to lawn with flower beds, shrubs, trees and an area for an out-of-ground pool.
• Utility Room
• Covered parking – Space for 3 cars
N.B. Measurements are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.
The Aveyron is a delightful and un-spoilt department of France, the area is beautiful, with landscapes of forests, undulating hills, rivers and wild flowers. The Aveyron is also famed for its lovely towns and villages, with many villages boasting the accolade of being amongst the most beautiful in France.
Villefranche de Rouergue was founded in 1252 by Alphonse de Poitiers, Count of Toulouse and brother of king Saint Louis.The town presents, on a large scale, the characteristic layout of new towns of the period, a grid of streets with a square in the centre where religious and public life was carried out. From Villefranche you can discover the circuit of the Aveyron bastides. The old centre of the bastide lets you discover Place Notre Dame and its couverts (arcades), the collegiate church and its powerful porch-bell tower, the mediaeval streets as well as the rich merchants’ houses whose doors and towers symbolised the social position of its inhabitants in the 15th century. On the banks of the river Aveyron and situated at an altitude of 825 feet, Villefranche benefits from a particularly mild climate. This is where the south starts: the rooftops of the town proclaim it with their roman tiles. The Villefranche market, held every Thursday, is widely popular and is incredibly busy and vibrant. There are also an abundance of everyday shops, restaurants and bars as well as a hospital, schools and services.
The transport network is excellent, with easy access to motorways and rail travel.
The area is also well located for the airports of Toulouse, Brive and Rodez; all within 1 to 2 hours’ drive.
Excellent shopping facilities are available in Rodez, Cahors and Toulouse.
The property is also within easy reach of the Lot Valley and the towns of Cajarc and Figeac.
At certain times of the year there are occasional evening ‘producteurs’ markets in Villefranche de Rouergue and the surrounding towns and villages where food and wine can be bought and eaten at large trestle tables, accompanied by music and dancing; creating a lovely, welcoming, party atmosphere.
Sightseeing in the area is extensive, with opportunities to explore the dramatic castles and old ‘bastide’ towns. There are also local water sports available, including canoeing down the Gorges of the Aveyron and Lot rivers.
An ideal location!
DPE test on going.