Find out more ...
|Price|| €136 250 (HAI)**
**agency fees included : 9 % TTC to be paid by the buyer
(€125 000 without fees)
Reduction from €152,600 to €136,250
|Surface||170 M2*||Plot Size||473 M2|
|Share this property||
|Voir l'annonce en français|
Situated in a popular village between Aigre and Ruffec with a school, post office and "Bio" shop all just a short stroll away. The house would make an ideal shut up and leave holiday home or a very comfortable family home.
Only 10 minutes from Ruffec with easy access to airports & rail links; Angouleme (43km), Bordeaux (167km), Poitiers (78km) for links beyond.
This village house has been beautifully renovated throughout, every room is bright and airy. It has an easy to maintain 300m² courtyard garden with hangar.
• Entrance hall (14m²) with double doors to courtyard garden, door to a storage room and a door to a WC.
• Living room (38m²) – 2 large windows to the front of the property and wood burning stove.
• Kitchen (21m²) – modern built in kitchen units, double sink, plumbing for a dishwasher, solid wood floor, 2 windows and double doors to garden.
• Dining room (24m²) – Solid wood floor, beautiful, ornate corner fireplace, large window to the front of the property and a glass door accessing the courtyard garden.
• A wooden staircase leads up to:
• Bedroom 1 (19m²) – A lovely, bright room with a window overlooking the garden and a velux window for extra light, electric heating.
• Bedroom 2 (28m²) – A very large room with a velux window, electric heating and a feature corner beam.
• Bedroom 3 (22m²) – Another spacious bedroom with a velux window, electric heating and feature corner beam.
• Bathroom (10m²) - with a bath, large shower, double glass sink, and WC, double aspect flooding the room with light.
• An hangar (22m²) – ideal for covered parking or converting into a garage.
• 300m² courtyard garden with trees, a terrace for outside dining with views over the Charentais countryside.
All windows and doors are double glazed, the house is extremely well insulated, it has a new roof, electrics and plumbing and the fosse conforms.
*These data are for information only and have no contractual value. Leggett Immobilier cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.*
**The currency conversion is for convenience of reference only.
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES
The Charente department is home to over 340,000 inhabitants and is located in the south-east of Poitou-Charentes. The countryside offers a unique and varied environment for walkers and mountain bikers from rolling hills in the east to a flatter landscape in the west. The northern area is wild with deep forests and peaks reaching to over 1000ft. The Charente has long relied on agriculture to fuel its economy. In the 18th Century, however, the department started mass producing its infamous Cognac drink, which proved extremely popular with people from all over the world.
The department is very well situated for expatriates looking to purchase French property here, with great roads down to the Charente and the Channel ports just a short days drive away. The department has access to Poitiers, La Rochelle, Bordeaux, Bergerac and Limoges airports, all within 2 hours.
Angouleme is a small yet cosmopolitan city, with a fairly dynamic feel about the place when compared to the neighbouring Dordogne or Haute Vienne. It hosts a lot of events such its vintage car racing (the Circuit des Remparts) which takes place in September , the cartoon festival in January and a great music scene which just seems to get better every year . Both Cognac and Confolens have annual festivals which attract tourists to the area.
The Charente has an immensely varied countryside bordering 5 departments, famous for both its Cognac vineyards in the west, and its Limousin beef production in the east, which in terms of scenery are worlds apart. The valley of the Charente River meanders down from Ruffec in the north through Angouleme onto Jarnac and Cognac. Confolens in the East of the department is situated on the banks of the majestic River Vienne, this area being known as the Charente Limousine, and is extremely popular with expatriates because it looks and feels like the UK. The south of the county which borders the Charente Maritime has a much better climate but less undulating scenery.